Thursday 21 November 2013


What we work for?

Traffic is indeed a big problem in India, especially in the developed cities.


Once I was returning home from office and noticing the people on the road. On a jam packed road, where vehicles were moving 1 inch in 1 minute, people were in mad rush. Though they did not have a space to move their vehicle, none of them really seemed calm and awaiting his turn to move ahead. Most of them were blowing horns, flashing lights, even after knowing that there was no space for the vehicle in front to move.


Don't we do the same in our lives?

Well, I feel we need to slow down a bit. We all are always in a mad rush and for the working class of India it ends when the person is not able to work anymore. With each passing day the hunger for money, growth is increasing. And I don't feel there is anything wrong in expecting more and working hard to get the success one has always dreamed for.

But in all this are we forgetting what we live for?

Isn't it true that we are not able to give time to those for whom we work so hard. Money is means to get happiness, money itself is nothing if you can not use it to make you and your loved ones happy.

What is the solution? I don't know. Or may be I do, but not implementing it.

I feel I should give more time to my parents, my wife. And when I gave a deep thought I realized it is possible without disturbing my routine work.

I realized that I need to take my work more seriously and not myself.

It was the heavy traffic that day which inspired me to think of the ways to make my life better. It helped me to understand that there is a problem and it can be solved. Most of us do not even realize that there is a problem when you don't give time to your loved ones. And you may realize this once the time is gone, when our parents are not with us anymore, the kids are grown up or the partner has left us forever.

Can you come out of this rat race? It definitely needs courage, you need to leave the comfort zone of the routine.

Changing the habits either for good or bad, is always difficult.

I feel these 3 simple things can make a significant difference in one's life, you can enjoy the fruits for which you work so hard.

1. Get lost - 

By this I mean, take a day off from work each month. And just do what you want to do whole day. Plan this day in advance and let you family members know that you have taken this day off only for yourself and you will not do anything at all and to leave you alone.

Guess what should you do? Just nothing, lie down, eat, sleep, do anything you wish. This one day break will help you get rejuvenated. You will actually feel the difference when you will resume work after the break.

2. Plan a dream holiday - 

Plan a holiday that you have always dreamed of. This does not mean that you need to think of what you can afford and stuff. It simply means you need to plan the holiday of your dream. Do not think of how you will manage the expenses, time, etc. Just jot down each and every detail which you would like to do on this holiday. Do not plan a date for this holiday, just make yourself mentally prepared for this trip.

Make sure you remind yourself of this holiday each day, as many times as possible. And add to the details or change the plans as you think more about it. You will be amazed to see how it actually materializes  I do believe in the law of attraction. The more you desire and dream of it, the more closer it will get to you.

3. Smile - 

Smile is a gift. Gift it to yourself, each morning. Look into mirror each morning and smile at yourself. For no reason saying and thinking nothing at all. Just smile and the day ahead will be much better than you expected. Smile convinces your mind that you need to feel happy.

As it is rightly said 'smile is a curve that gets everything straight'.

Please note: These are my person views and may or may not be effective for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment